Congratulations to Richard Powell!

We’re thrilled to share the news that Richard J. Powell, John Spencer Bassett Professor of Art, Art History & Visual Studies and PhD Lab in Digital Knowledge Faculty Affiliate, has added a new honor to his illustrious CV.  He is the 2013 recipient of the Lawrence A. Fleischman Award for Scholarly Excellence in the Field of American Art History, given by the Archives of American Art at the Smithsonian Institution. Congratulations!!

One thought on “Congratulations to Richard Powell!”

• Hi Paul,I read something in Fast Company a few weeks ago that alslouteby changed the way I deal with email, both work and personal email. When you go to your regular mailbox at home, do you leave mail behind in the mailbox so you can deal with it later? Of course not, you grab all the mail out of the box, and take your mail into the house to deal with it. So why don’t we do that with our email too?Using the suggestions in the article, I began emptying my email inbox the moment I saw there was mail in it. Junk gets deleted immediately. I created three folders one is To Do for things that must be done. Two is waiting on things that you’ve either done or have delegated and can’t act on until someone else does something. The third is reference. Things you know you’ll need to refer to in the future but don’t belong in your waiting on folder. The trick is to keep going to the To Do box two or three times a day to make sure you’re working on what you need to be doing and the Waiting On box once a day, to make sure other things are progressing.I can’t tell you how WONDERFUL it feels to be greeted by an empty In Box, knowing that everything is still getting taken care of. Totally changed my work life!Laura