Amanda’s Tuesday Morning Keyword Manifesto:
1. This is an authored and edited collection. The project began from a set of keywords – network(s), networked, ecology, ecologies – and sought interdisciplinary understandings of each. These keywords are at the center of the project- they were indeed the very guiding ethos of the project – and I believe they must remain there.
2. To these originary keywords, we’ll add others that emerged throughout the project. These are:
- time: temporality, dates, times: future, past, history, synchronized, simultaneous, repetition, continually returns, reiteration, immediate, persists, current etc
- digital humanities
- data, metadata
- connectedness/connectivism, relation(s)/relationships (associations, attachement/detachment), intersect(ion), interaction(s)
- protocol(s), policies
- emergent, evolving
- uncertainty, ambiguity, abstract
- interdisciplinary: across disciplines, spanning disciplines, etc
- [digital] scholarship
- co-creative, co-generative, co-emergent
- medium/media: letters, text, videogames, painting, books, notes, etc
- memory (computer and human)
3. We will then put these into dialogue with computer-generated keywords that reveal themselves by way of computer-driven text analysis. Because our publication is a born-digital publication, we want to acknowledge the computer’s perspective vis-a-vis keywords but we do not want to privilege these keywords over and above those created in & for steps one and two.
We will edit these keywords then and curate navigation paths, slipping points, access entrances into and through the content of the digital Scalar publication.