Persons who wish to bring prop weapons as part of their costume must abide by the following policy, which is adapted from the costume props policy of San Diego Comic Con.
No functional props or weapons are allowed at the event. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
• All costume props and weapons must be inspected by security at the entrance prior to being admitted to the event
• All costume props and weapons must conform to state and federal law
• Projectile costume props and weapons must be rendered inoperable
• Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip-tied to a quiver
• Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn
• People in oversized costumes may be asked to move so as not to obstruct traffic